Importance of Telephone Etiquette:
The most important for your business or any special purposes this “TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE” is crucial.
While answering a business call you need to be very careful and attentive. If any customer calls you should receive the call with most dedicatedly attend with greetings. Always think that you are the face of the customer or client while speaking through a phone.
Don’t keep them wait for a moment. Moreover, you should be always punctual and sincere and don’t let down your self-confidence.
Good ways to attend a Phone Call:
- Lift the call within 5-8 seconds.
- First, greet them and tell about your business and introduce yourself.
- Suppose, if you are not the correct person to receive the call, transfer it to the right person by asking permission.
- Always attend the call with a smiley face.
- Be respectful to the person with whom you are speaking. Allow them to speak and communicate clearly without any problem.
When you make a Business call:
- Greet him/her as a formal.
- Firstly, ask them is it the right time to speak?
- If yes, get direct to the point.
- If no, don’t hang it suddenly, say thank you, and ask when is the right time to speak or call you back.
A telephone is an important method of communication and proper telephone techniques are an important part of any business.
While using a phone call the customer can identify only your tone of voice and the manner in which you speak. Be confident in your Communication Skills
Never disturb the person while he/she is talking to you and don’t argue in between with the caller.
Every person has their own way of style in attending the phone calls. Some people will be very polite and some are rude and it depends on the situation.
For example, Goodwill depends on the way how you behave with the client/customer at a particular moment.
Self-confidence will make you do the right things at the right time, and therefore telephone etiquette is a major part of any business.
Be systematic and be attentive while receiving a call or talking to a call. Hence, it ends in a good mood.
All the best.
See you soon.
Signing off your D.I.G.